Re: logical changeset generation v5

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: logical changeset generation v5
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2013-09-03 11:40:57 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 11:19 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > 0005 wal_decoding: Log xl_running_xact's at a higher frequency than checkpoints are done
> > * benefits hot standby startup

I tried to update the patch to address the comments you made.

> > 0003 wal_decoding: Allow walsender's to connect to a specific database
> > * biggest problem is how to specify the connection we connect
> >   to. Currently with the patch walsender connects to a database if it's
> >   not named "replication" (via dbname). Perhaps it's better to invent a
> >   replication_dbname parameter?

I've updated the patch so it extends the "replication" startup parameter
to not only specify a boolean but also "database". In the latter case it
will connect to the database specified in "dbname".
As discussed downthread, this patch doesn't have an immediate advantage
for users until the changeset extraction patch itself is
applied. Whether or not it should be applied separately is unclear.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Вложения