Re: [v9.4] row level security

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: [v9.4] row level security
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 11:47 PM, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > And if someone can INSERT values that they can't actually see once they're
> > committed, that's a similarly bad we should describe.
>
> This is desirable in some cases but not others.  If the goal is
> compartmentalization, then it's sensible to prevent this.  But you
> might also have a "drop-box" environment - e.g. a student submits
> coursework to a professor, and can't access the submitted work after
> it's submitted.  FWIW, my CS classes in college had a tool that worked
> just this way.

Agreed, and part of the discussion that I had w/ KaiGai and Simon was
that we should provide a way to let the user pick which they'd like.
This is the concept around 'insert privileges' being different from
'select privileges' wrt RLS.

> The point is that we should be in the business of providing mechanism,
> not policy.

++
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: [9.4] Make full_page_writes only settable on server start?
Сообщение: Re: [9.4] Make full_page_writes only settable on server start?