Re: Apt & Downloads page

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Apt & Downloads page
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> apt.postgresql.org redirects to http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt,
> which has complete instructions and methods for installing from
> apt.postgresql.org.
>
> However, the information on
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/ is more-or-less the
> same as it was 9 months ago, including the hard-to-follow key
> installation intructions.
>
> Might I suggest that http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
> replace all of the instructions with a link to the wiki page instead?
> Instead of maintaining two different sets of instructions.

http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/ (and debian) both have a link
to the wiki page already.

The instructions are the same, what's to be blamed is the CSS on the download
pages, IMHO.

I believe people like the list of distributions they can click to setup the
good deb entry to sources.list. It is not present in the wiki... If we can
have the same list with action on both then it might be interesting to grab
the content from the wiki to write it in the download pages. A link is less
friendly when you have already clicked several time to reach the instruction
page (and are new to PostgreSQL)

Note that the linux/redhat page is like the ubuntu/debian, outdated about the
last PostgreSQL stable.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/