Re: [BUGS] 9.3beta2: Failure to pg_upgrade

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [BUGS] 9.3beta2: Failure to pg_upgrade
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-08-02 22:25:36 -0400, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Andres Freund escribió:

> > > Here's a patch that should fix the problem.  Jesse, if you're able to
> > > test it, please give it a run and let me know if it works for you.  I
> > > was able to upgrade an installation containing a problem that should
> > > reproduce yours.
> >
> > Wouldn't it be easier to make pg_upgrade fudge pg_control to have a safe
> > NextMultiXactId/Offset using pg_resetxlog?
>
> I don't understand.  pg_upgrade already fudges pg_control to have a safe
> next multi, namely the same value used by the old cluster.  The reason
> to preserve this value is that we must ensure no older value is
> consulted in pg_multixact: those might be present in tuples that were
> locked in the old cluster.  (To be precise, this is the value to set as
> oldest multi, not next multi.  But of course, the next multi must be
> greater than that one.)

I am suggesting to set them to a greater value than in the old cluster,
computed so it's guaranteed that they are proper page boundaries. Then
the situation described upthread shouldn't occur anymore, right?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] 9.3beta2: Failure to pg_upgrade
Сообщение: Re: [BUGS] 9.3beta2: Failure to pg_upgrade