Re: Bison 3.0 updates

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Bison 3.0 updates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > However, I comment on this mainly because anchovy has had issues with
> > 9.1 and older for some time, which looks like an issue with GCC 4.8.0.
> > Did you happen to resolve or identify what is happening there..?
>
> Yeah, we know about that:
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/14242.1365200084@sss.pgh.pa.us

Ah, right, read the thread but didn't attach it to anchovy.

> The bottom line was:
> >> It looks like our choices are (1) teach configure to enable
> >> -fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations if the compiler recognizes it,
> >> or (2) back-port commit 8137f2c32322c624e0431fac1621e8e9315202f9.
>
> I am in favor of fixing the back branches via (1), because it's less
> work and much less likely to break third-party extensions.  Some other
> people argued for (2), but I've not seen any patch emerge from them,
> and you can bet I'm not going to do it.

Yea, just passing -fno-aggressive-loop-optimizations seems like the
safest and best option to me also..
Thanks,
    Stephen

От: Szymon Guz
Сообщение: Re: ToDo: possible more rights to database owners
Сообщение: Re: ToDo: possible more rights to database owners