Re: process deadlocking on its own transactionid?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: process deadlocking on its own transactionid?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jeff Janes escribió:

> The transaction it is waiting for is in the transactionid column,
> which is not in your select list.  The virtualxid column seems pretty
> useless to me, I don't really know why it is there.

If you do CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY and it has to wait for other
processes to finish their current transactions (in order for them to
release their snapshots, which is what it needs to ensure the index can
be enabled), it will use the virtualxid.