Re: Reduce maximum error in tuples estimation after vacuum.

От Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Тема Re: Reduce maximum error in tuples estimation after vacuum.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello, I'm very sory to take your time on this mess.

ul 2013 16:06:11 +0530, Amit Kapila <amit.kapila@huawei.com> wrote in
<014201ce7bc6$f71eb950$e55c2bf0$@kapila@huawei.com>
> I understood your patch's algorithm, but still I have doubt in my mind that
> if the next analyze can correct the estimates,
> Why would that be not sufficient. Please refer my last mail for analysis of
> same
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/000601ce77ad$7d3388e0$779a9aa0$@kapila@
> huawei.com

Hmm. I've reconfirmed what was happened on my test set.

As the result, the misestimation with dead_tup = 0 which I
thought to observe has turned out to be an illusion..

Tuple number estimation is working as it is expected.

I withdraw this patch.

regards,

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi