Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values
Дата
Re: proposal: simple date constructor from numeric values  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut escribió:
> On 7/1/13 3:47 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:

> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION construct_time(hour int DEFAULT 0, mi int
> > DEFAULT 0, sec int DEFAULT 0, ms float DEFAULT 0.0);
>
> If we are using integer datetime storage, we shouldn't use floats to
> construct them.

I think this is wrong.  Datetime storage may be int, but since they're
microseconds underneath, we'd be unable to specify a full-resolution
timestamp if we didn't have float ms or integer µs.  So either the
seconds argument should allow fractions (probably not a good idea), or
we should have another integer argument for microseconds (not
milliseconds as the above signature implies).