Re: pgsql: Improve support for building PGXS modules with VPATH.

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: pgsql: Improve support for building PGXS modules with VPATH.
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Le lundi 1 juillet 2013 21:22:55, Andrew Dunstan a écrit :
> On 07/01/2013 02:40 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> >> So what's the USE_VPATH thing for?  I mean, can't you just use VPATH
> >> instead?
> >
> > Well, I was distinguishing between things set by the Makefile and
> > things set outisde, but you're probably right. I'll test it and tweak.
>
> Actually, when I try to get rid of it I get issues with srcdir being
> recursively defined.

As for VPATH, the srcdir was previously hard-coded, the patch just improve
most of the use cases by setting a more appropriate value..

> And in fact, VPATH is defined by Makefile.global when the Postgres build
> is a VPATH build, and unrelated to the module's build setup.

pgxs.mk already (I mean before the last commit) set VPATH, the patch around
that just try to fix it to be correct instead of hardcoded to NULL.. What's in
Makefile.global is not be affected.

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/