Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: request a new feature in fuzzystrmatch
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Joe Conway escribió:

> Actually, given that this change will create version 1.1 of the
> extension, I believe the 1.0 versions of the sql scripts should
> probably be removed entirely. Can someone with more knowledge of the
> extension facility comment on that?

Besides what Michael said, another thing is that you need to ensure that
if the functions are run with the 1.0 definitions, they don't crash
(i.e. you need to check the number of arguments actually passed to
function(s), and ensure no changes are made to the types of previously
existing arguments).  You can test this by installing the 1.0 version in
a 9.3 database, then pg_upgrade, and test the functions without running
the ALTER EXTENSION UPGRADE.