Re: New regression test time

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: New regression test time
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Josh Berkus (josh@agliodbs.com) wrote:
> So that's an increase of about 10% in test runtime (or 2 seconds per run
> on my laptop), in order to greatly improve regression test coverage.
> I'd say that splitting the tests is not warranted, and that we should go
> ahead with these tests on their testing merits, not based on any extra
> check time they might add.

For my 2c, +1 on this in general, in spite of the concerns.  Covering
cases that we don't is valuable in general and if we get a bit more
coverage for a few more seconds, it's worth it.

Also, if someone wants to split the test up, then they need to provide a
patch which does so.  I'm not against that, but I do not feel this
addition should be held up waiting for someone to implement such a
seperation- if anything, having the two things done independently would
probably be cleaner anyway.
Thanks,
    Stephen