Re: [9.3 CF 1] 2 Weeks In & The problem with Performance Patches

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [9.3 CF 1] 2 Weeks In & The problem with Performance Patches
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-06-28 12:16:09 -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> - Remove PD_ALL_VISIBLE**

I think this is primarily delayed because people don't agree it's a good
idea.

> - Use posix_fallocate to build (new) WAL files**

I don't think this needs much further testing. We should just remove the
enable/disable knob and go ahead.

> - XLogInsert scaling

I don't see to many problems here so far. For a complex feature it's imo
already in a pretty good shape.
Some more eyes on the code would be good, given it touching lots of code
that's central for crash safety, but if not, I don't think it will block
things.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services