Re: having trouble building the postgres-A4.pdf

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: having trouble building the postgres-A4.pdf
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Jeff Frost wrote:
> On Jun 26, 2013, at 13:20, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
>
> >> Any idea how to fix it?
> >
> > Nope, but maybe try to build the PDF using the XML toolchain?
>
> I'm afraid that's a bit out of my depth. I would speculate that since the US PDF builds and the A4 format is smaller,
it'sa sizing problem, but I've no idea how to fix that sort of thing.

In previous threads the conclusion has been that that error occurs when
linked text crosses a page boundary.  So whether it occurs for any
particular build depends on whether that happens due to mere chance.
For example maybe if you just add a couple words before the broken text,
it will cause the linked text to move enough that it all goes on the

Supposedly TeXLive 2013 fixed that bug, but evidently not, or not
completely.  Perhaps we could have the TeXLive developers look at the
current problem.  But I don't know whether the bug is openjade's or
pdftex' ...

You can have a look at the tex source file by doing "make
postgres-A4.tex-pdf".  But it's pretty obscure.

От: Jeff Frost
Сообщение: Re: having trouble building the postgres-A4.pdf
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: having trouble building the postgres-A4.pdf