Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll

От David Fetter
Тема Re: Kudos for Reviewers -- straw poll
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 10:17:07AM -0700, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Hackers,
>
> I'd like to take a straw poll here on how we should acknowledge
> reviewers.  Please answer the below with your thoughts, either on-list
> or via private email.
>
> How should reviewers get credited in the release notes?
>
> a) not at all
> b) in a single block titled "Reviewers for this version" at the bottom.
> c) on the patch they reviewed, for each patch

c)  This keeps history better.

> Should there be a criteria for a "creditable" review?
>
> a) no, all reviews are worthwhile
> b) yes, they have to do more than "it compiles"
> c) yes, only code reviews should count

a).  If it turns out that people are gaming this, or appear to be
gaming this, we can revisit the policy.

> Should reviewers for 9.4 get a "prize", such as a t-shirt, as a
> promotion to increase the number of non-submitter reviewers?
>
> a) yes
> b) no
> c) yes, but submitters and committers should get it too

b).  You want to be *extremely* careful when paying volunteers.  The
chances of damaging their intrinsic motivations are high, especially
when it's not stuff like covering their expenses.

http://www.iew.uzh.ch/wp/iewwp007.pdf

Cheers,
David.

Remember to vote!