Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS

От Cédric Villemain
Тема Re: Bugfix and new feature for PGXS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Le mardi 25 juin 2013 17:18:51, Andrew Dunstan a écrit :
> On 06/24/2013 07:24 PM, Cédric Villemain wrote:
> >>
> >> No, this is exactly what I'm objecting to. I want to be able to do:
> >>      invoke_vpath_magic
> >>      standard_make_commands_as_for_non_vpath
> >>
> >> Your patches have been designed to overcome your particular issues, but
> >> they don't meet the general case, IMNSHO. This is why I want to have
> >> more discussion about how vpath builds could work for PGXS modules.
> >
> > The patch does not restrict anything, it is not supposed to lead to
> > regression.
> > The assignment of VPATH and srcdir are wrong in the PGXS case, the patch
> > correct them. You're still free to do "make VPATH=/mypath ..." the VPATH
> > provided won't be erased by the pgxs.mk logic.
>
> I still think this is premature.  I have spent some more time trying to
> make it work the way I think it should, so far without success. I think
> we need more discussion about how we'd like VPATH to work for PGXS
> would. There's no urgency about this - we've lived with the current
> situation for quite a while.

Sure...
I did a quick and dirty patch (I just validate without lot of testing),
attached to this email to fix json_build (at least for make, make install)
As you're constructing targets based on commands to execute in the srcdir
directory, and because srcdir is only set in pgxs.mk, it is possible to define
srcdir early in the json_build/Makefile and use it.

> When I have more time I will work on it some more.

Thank you

--
Cédric Villemain +33 (0)6 20 30 22 52
http://2ndQuadrant.fr/