Re: postgresql-server 9.3

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: postgresql-server 9.3
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
Re: Joshua D. Drake 2013-06-13 <51BA010F.90401@commandprompt.com>

> Hello,
>
> I just set up the apt repository on a new box and saw this:
>
> root@db1:~# apt-cache search postgresql-9.3
> postgresql-9.3 - object-relational SQL database, version 9.3 server
> postgresql-9.3-dbg - debug symbols for postgresql-9.3
> postgresql-client-9.3 - front-end programs for PostgreSQL 9.3
> postgresql-contrib-9.3 - additional facilities for PostgreSQL
>
> This seems like a bad idea. These packages should be clearly marked as Beta.

We could probably put a "beta" in the description there, yes.

In practise, there is an extra safety hook, the 9.3 packages from
apt.postgresql.org are not installable until you also make the 9.3
libpq5 package available:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Apt/FAQ#I_want_to_try_the_beta_version_of_the_next_PostgreSQL_release

If you haven't done this, apt will not let you install postgresql-9.3.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

Сообщение: Re: Errors installing contrib
Сообщение: Re: Errors installing contrib