Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)
Дата
Re: fallocate / posix_fallocate for new WAL file creation (etc...)  (Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
* Merlin Moncure (mmoncure@gmail.com) wrote:
> It's understood that posix_fallocate is faster at this -- the question
> on the table is 'does this matter in context of postgres?'.
> Personally I think this patch should go in regardless -- the concerns
> made IMNSHO are specious.

I've not had a chance to look at this patch, but I tend to agree with
Merlin.  My main question is really- would this be useful for extending
*relations*?  Apologies if it's already been discussed; I do plan to go
back and read the threads about this more fully, but I wanted to voice
my support for using posix_fallocate, when available, in general.
Thanks,
    Stephen