Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Atri Sharma (atri.jiit@gmail.com) wrote:
> If your index is big/you have too many indexes in your database, it
> should affect *all* backends accessing that specific database.

More indexes will require more disk space, certainly, but tablespaces
can be used to seperate databases, or tables, or indexes on to different
partitions on the host server.

> So,my point is that,there is no question of indexes being stored in
> shared memory or individually. You can treat indexes the same as your
> tables,from the point of view of physical storage.

Correct.

> For more details,you can see
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/storage.html

A better place to look would be the documentation for the release of PG
which you are on, or the latest release otherwise, which is:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.2/static/storage.html
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL Process memory architecture