Please help me wat to do to connect to the database

От praveenkumar
Тема Please help me wat to do to connect to the database
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

HI iam unable to connect to my postgres server im getting below error

 psql -U postgres
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
 and

/etc/init.d/postgresql start
Starting PostgreSQL ... from
Password:
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002
You have new mail.
Sourcing /userhome/postgres/.profile-EIS.....
pg_ctl: another postmaster may be running; trying to start postmaster anyway
pg_ctl: could not start postmaster
Examine the log output.
PostgreSQL failed to start

Thanks & Regards,
PraveenKumar

Get your own FREE website and domain with business email solutions, click here