== PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 19 2013 ==

От David Fetter
Тема == PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 19 2013 ==
Дата
Список pgsql-announce
== PostgreSQL Weekly News - May 19 2013 ==

If you're attending PGCon this year, please submit your proposal for a
lightning talk:
http://lists.pgcon.org/pipermail/pgcon-announce/2013-May/000100.html

PGDay UK 2013 is now open for registration.
http://postgresqlusergroup.org.uk

The Call for Papers for pgconf.eu 2013 is open.
http://2013.pgconf.eu/

== PostgreSQL Jobs for May ==

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-jobs/2013-05/threads.php

== PostgreSQL Local ==

PGCon 2013 will be held May 23-24 2013, in Ottawa at the University of
Ottawa.
http://www.pgcon.org/2013/

Postgres-XC is going to have its first user/developer meeting after
the cluster summit.
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon2013CanadaClusterSummit#PostgresXC_Summit

The 6th annual "Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day" conference,
organized by CSPUG (Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL Users Group), will be
held on May 30, 2013 at Faculty of Mathematics and Physics, Charles
University (Malostranske namesti 25, Prague).  The CfP is open until
April 14, 2013 <info AT p2d2 DOT cz>.  More information in Czech is at
http://www.p2d2.cz/

PG Day France is the major French-speaking PostgreSQL community event.
It will be held June 13, 2013 in Nantes, France.
http://pgday.fr/

PostgreSQL Brazil will be held August 15-17, 2013 in Porto Velho, RO,
Brazil.
http://pgbr.postgresql.org.br/2013/chamada.en.php

Save The Date!
Postgres Open 2013 will be in Chicago, IL, USA, September 16-18.
    Hotel Sax:
    https://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_reservation.cfm?groupID=888761&hotelID=6865
    Early Bird registration:
    http://postgresopen-eac2.eventbrite.com/

PGConf.EU 2013 will be held on Oct 29-Nov 1, in at the Conrad Hotel in
downtown Dublin, Ireland.
http://2013.pgconf.eu/

PGConf.DE 2013 will be held November 8th, 2013, at the Rhineland
Industrial Museum in Oberhausen.
http://2013.pgconf.de/

== PostgreSQL in the News ==

PostgreSQL Weekly News is brought to you this week by David Fetter

Submit news and announcements by Sunday at 3:00pm Pacific time.
Please send English language ones to david@fetter.org, German language
to pwn@pgug.de, Italian language to pwn@itpug.org.  Spanish language
to pwn@arpug.com.ar.

== Applied Patches ==

Tom Lane pushed:

- Fix handling of OID wraparound while in standalone mode.  If OID
  wraparound should occur while in standalone mode (unlikely but
  possible), we want to advance the counter to FirstNormalObjectId not
  FirstBootstrapObjectId.  Otherwise, user objects might be created
  with OIDs in the system-reserved range.  That isn't immediately
  harmful but it poses a risk of conflicts during future pg_upgrade
  operations.  Noted by Andres Freund.  Back-patch to all supported
  branches, since all of them are supported sources for pg_upgrade
  operations.
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e9c336c78638c191642b18628c306d1c1573fb12

- Allow CREATE FOREIGN TABLE to include SERIAL columns.  The behavior
  is that the required sequence is created locally, which is
  appropriate because the default expression will be evaluated
  locally.  Per gripe from Brad Nicholson that this case was refused
  with a confusing error message.  We could have improved the error
  message but it seems better to just allow the case.  Also, remove
  ALTER TABLE's arbitrary prohibition against being applied to foreign
  tables, which was pretty inconsistent considering we allow it for
  views, sequences, and other relation types that aren't even called
  tables.  This is needed to avoid breaking pg_dump, which sometimes
  emits column defaults using separate ALTER TABLE commands.  (I think
  this can happen even when the default is not associated with a
  sequence, so that was a pre-existing bug once we allowed column
  defaults for foreign tables.)
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/b14206862278347a379f2bb72d92d16fb9dcea45

- Fix some uses of "the quick brown fox".  If we're going to quote a
  well-known pangram, we should quote it accurately.  Per gripe from
  Thom Brown.
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/e7bfc7e42cebf80507f9c9965dc4a572e9fb76a4

- Fix fd.c to preserve errno where needed.  PathNameOpenFile failed to
  ensure that the correct value of errno was returned to its caller
  after a failure (because it incorrectly supposed that free() can
  never change errno).  In some cases this would result in a
  user-visible failure because an expected ENOENT errno was replaced
  with something else.  Bogus EINVAL failures have been observed on OS
  X, for example.  There were also a couple of places that could
  mangle an important value of errno if FDDEBUG was defined.  While
  the usefulness of that debug support is highly debatable, we might
  as well make it safe to use, so add errno save/restore logic to the
  DO_DB macro.  Per bug #8167 from Nelson Minar, diagnosed by
  RhodiumToad.  Back-patch to all supported branches.
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6563fb2b45146852601e63828308fe04fb03b9e9

- Fix crash when trying to display a NOTIFY rule action.  Fixes
  oversight in commit 2ffa740be9d96a3743ecb7e42391c53d0760c65a.  Per
  report from Josh Kupershmidt.  I think we've broken this case
  before, so let's add a regression test this time.
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/403bd6a18b8ec5aeee51c08360441c3c3c239d8f

- Clarify documentation of EXPLAIN (TIMING OFF) option.  Clarify that
  this option doesn't suppress measurement of the statement's total
  runtime.  Greg Smith
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/2af0971f35a4a7b87312b83782d9bb0cc6a40ad0

Peter Eisentraut pushed:

- doc: Fix order of options on pgbench man page
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/bd1710248795a495547a96f16d16592ad45f6943

- doc: Fix some whitespace issues in the man pages
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a9bb274f902987b271e2f0dd844fb610de4f024b

- pg_upgrade: Replace tabs in output string constants by spaces
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d2b920cded4db973a7b69a628e109f2aee63012a

- doc: Add \dm command to psql man page
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a2a480af889b5d9abce4181e49b6398f0e24b808

Bruce Momjian pushed:

- release docs:  mention PL/pgSQL as supporting event triggers in PG 9.3
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/f472012a3257d022dd36c6b5e30ad8d223d0ccea

Heikki Linnakangas pushed:

- Remove unused regression test files.  euc_* and mule_internal test
  cases were identical to the ones in src/test/mb. sql_ascii didn't
  exist elsewhere, but has been broken since 2001, and doesn't seem
  very interesting anyway. drop.sql hasn't been used since 2000, when
  regress.sh was removed.
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d0cab7903bf695bf305bd4c01f99e0e28d233d91

Simon Riggs pushed:

- Remove single space on end of a line in xlog.c.  Michael Paquier
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/c94dff4c3c18595a9d6d8a97020145c1155de473

- Emit msg correctly for timeline-crossing crash
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1781744cfcfeed6e3ad2e4d52dbd475a95be03a0

- Init crash recovery using the latest available TLI.  This simplifies
  the handling of crashes after fast promotion and various minor cases
  that can exist in short timing windows around that case.  Broad fix
  to bug reported by Michael Paquier on -hackers, approach prompted by
  Heikki Linnakangas
  http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/d4337a0dcbd29e5b11c2157f808916de62de05e4

== Rejected Patches (for now) ==

No one was disappointed this week :-)

== Pending Patches ==

Noah Misch sent in a patch to implement MemoryContextAllocHuge() and
repalloc_huge()

Peter Geoghegan sent in a patch to ensure that all "loaded library..."
messages are DEBUG1, regardless of whether local_preload_libraries or
shared_preload_libraries is involved, and regardless of EXEC_BACKEND.

Robins Tharakan sent in a patch to add more tests for ASYNC.

Heikki Linnakangas sent in a patch to improve LWLocks by using
compare-and-swap CPU instructions where available.

Peter Eisentraut sent in a patch to make psql delay setting up its
cancel handler until after a database connection is established.

Mark Kirkwood sent in a patch to add pg_stat_get_changes_since_analyze()
and associated columns to system views.

Amit Kapila sent in two revisions of a patch to move unused buffers to
freelist.

Maciej Gajewski sent in a patch to cache and query result histories in
psql.

Peter Geoghegan sent in another revision of a patch to replace our
quicksort_arg with timsort_arg.

Amit Langote sent four patches intended to allow logging PAM auth
failure.

Jon Nelson sent in three more revisions of a patch to use fallocate
where available, reducing the time it takes to write a WAL file.

Dean Rasheed sent in a patch to ensure that views atop writeable
foreign tables are writeable along with changes to catalog views
showing foreign tables' writeability.

Amul Sul sent in a patch to add a connection request wait time to
psql.

Cedric Villemain sent in a WIP patch to fix a case where 9.3 breaks
extensions.

Heikki Linnakangas sent in a patch to fix a quoting issue in
pg_basebackup.

Joe Abbate sent in a patch to fix an issue in the release notes about
DROP TABLE ... IF EXISTS.

Dan Farina sent in a set of patches to enrich the auth mechanism in
libpq.

Greg Smith sent in a WIP patch to track block write statistics.

Chris Farmiloe sent in a patch to hook the privilege system to
LISTEN/NOTIFY.

В списке pgsql-announce по дате отправления: