Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, May 12, 2013 at 03:46:00PM -0500, Jim Nasby wrote:
> On 5/10/13 1:06 PM, Jeff Janes wrote:
> >Of course the paranoid DBA could turn off restart_after_crash and do a manual investigation on every crash, but in
thatcase the database would refuse to restart even in the case where it perfectly clear that all the following WAL
belongsto the recycled file and not the current file.

> Perhaps we should also allow for zeroing out WAL files before reuse (or just disable reuse). I know there's a
performancehit there, but the reuse idea happened before we had bgWriter. Theoretically the overhead creating a new
filewould always fall to bgWriter and therefore not be a big deal.

> --
> Jim C. Nasby, Data Architect                       jim@nasby.net
> 512.569.9461 (cell)                         http://jim.nasby.net

Unless something has changed dramtically, creating new files is a LOT more
overhead than reusing existing files. My two cents.

Regards,
Ken

От: Mark Salter
Сообщение: lock support for aarch64
От: "ktm@rice.edu"
Сообщение: Re: corrupt pages detected by enabling checksums