Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, May  4, 2013 at 08:19:38PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 05/04/2013 08:08 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > On Sat, May  4, 2013 at 07:44:20PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> >> [...]
> >>
> >> hmm thanks for the report - that seems to be a (fairly) recently
> >> introduced buglet in our custom authentication backend, it should
> >> however not have resulted in any lost functionality just the above error
> >> message. Should be fixed now anyway.
> >
> > OK, I was now able to add email notification for watch list changes.
> > Let's see if I get any email when someone modifies something.  It might
> > take a few weeks before I would know.
>
> hmm weird - afaiks the error message should have been cosmetic only, are
> you saying that it seems to have actually prevented the notifications?

Oh, it certainly prevented me from modifying my preferences, but it
certainly works now.

> >> I do ;)
> >
> > Oh, that's interesting.  Did you have those buttons checked in your
> > preferences?  I did not.
>
> yeah i had them (but I'm pretty sure I had manually checked them)

OK.  That explains it then.

> >> hmm not sure I get that - if you restart your browser daily how are the
> >> session cookies even get preserved, or do you use one of these "restore
> >> session" features?
> >
> > Uh, well, I have the TODO list as one of my default startup tabs.  Most
> > websites can still use old cookies on a browser restart, e.g. Gmail,
> > Slashdot.
>

> hmm pretty sure that browsers are supposed to clear session cookies if
> they are restarted otherwise you will create bad security issues.
> Consider logging in to a some site with personal information, close your
> browser hand over your laptop to somebody in the family for a quick
> browsing session and he will automatically log in to whatever site you
> been at before...

Well, if I just go to gmail.com, it certainly knows I am bmomjian.  If I
go to slashdot.org, it knows I am bmomjian too.  I have to explicitly
log out if I want be logged out.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Сообщение: Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?