Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Дата
Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc>)
Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
Список pgsql-www
On Sat, May  4, 2013 at 07:44:20PM +0200, Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> [...]
> > I decided to look into this again and I see my preferences aren't set
> > for me to get emails for changes on my watch list:
> >
> >     E-mail me when a page on my watchlist is changed
> >
> > I am not sure of the value of a watch list if you don't get email
> > notifications.  If I try to enable that and save, I get a failure:
> >
> >     There was either an authentication database error or you are not
> >     allowed to update your external account.
>
> hmm thanks for the report - that seems to be a (fairly) recently
> introduced buglet in our custom authentication backend, it should
> however not have resulted in any lost functionality just the above error
> message. Should be fixed now anyway.

OK, I was now able to add email notification for watch list changes.
Let's see if I get any email when someone modifies something.  It might
take a few weeks before I would know.

> > I am not sure when that setting was changed, but I certainly didn't do
> > it.  I bet that is why I don't get wiki change notifications.  Does
> > anyone else get notifications?
>
> I do ;)

Oh, that's interesting.  Did you have those buttons checked in your
preferences?  I did not.

> > Also, it seems not getting email notifications is the default, because
> > if I press "Restore all default settings", it say it is saved and the
> > email is unclicked:
> >
> >     https://wiki.postgresql.org/index.php?title=Special:Preferences&success
>
> the "notfiy watchlist" feature is off by default in MW.

OK.

> >> the ~20min is not a MW default, it is one from debian about cleaning up
> >> session data (again a protection machanism, http is stateless and you
> >> don't get a "user logged off" thingy in general so we need to remove
> >> session data in some interval to not end up with millions of session files).
> >> And yes as said above - we have speculated only so far on what exactly
> >> the session timeout mechanics are and if the settings we are currently
> >> dealing with actually control what people complain about - I'm still not
> >> sure if you are saying it does or not?
> >
> > I have no idea.
>
> hmm not sure I get that - if you restart your browser daily how are the
> session cookies even get preserved, or do you use one of these "restore
> session" features?

Uh, well, I have the TODO list as one of my default startup tabs.  Most
websites can still use old cookies on a browser restart, e.g. Gmail,
Slashdot.

http://enterprisedb.com

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?
Сообщение: Re: Can we change auto-logout timing on wiki.postgresql.org?