Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make fast promotion the default promotion mode.

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Make fast promotion the default promotion mode.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May  1, 2013 at 07:23:33PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > Heikki said "...remove pg_ctl -m fast/smart option altogether. There
> > is no need to expose that to users."
> >
> > So it is no longer exposed to users. If there are others that share
> > that opinion we may change this.
>
> /me blinks.
>
> I'm not sure we truly need two types of promotion.  But if we do, it
> makes no sense to me to have it and not allow users to select the one
> they want.

I am also confused why we would have two promotion modes.  Either the
default mode works, or it doesn't, and we fix it.  If there is enough
concern that fast promotion will not work, should we remove that
ability?

http://enterprisedb.com