Re: [GSoC 2013] [Debian]

От Christoph Berg
Тема Re: [GSoC 2013] [Debian]
Дата
Список pgsql-students
Re: Aditya Bhardwaj 2013-04-29 <CANr_U0JqvoqMp9viN3EbwKXEeZfm_x6h=_xdNcJth-HaXy0xNQ@mail.gmail.com>
> I am Aditya Bhardwaj and I am pursuing the project idea 'Enhancing Debian
> Blends web sentinel' for GSoC from Debian.
>
> Here, it is required that UDD (Ultimate Debian Database) shall produce some
> appropriate JSON output which can be used to generate data for the Blends
> web sentinel.
>
> And I need some clarification if PostgreSQL can be used for the purpose.
> And any headers for the same if it can be used. AFAIK PostgreSQL 9.3 shall
> arrive with a lot of JSON goodness.

To be useful for Debian, it should probably run on PostgreSQL 9.1
(shipped with Wheezy), or 9.2. I don't think the UDD people would want
to rely on 9.3 features.

That said, I'd think the JSON stuff would probably be constructed on
the client side of the UDD database connection, i.e. you fire of
standard SQL queries and render that as JSON for the web request.

Did you ask the UDD people about this?

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/

В списке pgsql-students по дате отправления: