Re: Couple of issues with pg_xlogdump

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Couple of issues with pg_xlogdump
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-04-23 15:16:05 +0530, Pavan Deolasee wrote:
> > Which this confirms. This is likely the current end of wal. If you look
> > at pg_current_xlog_location() after starting the server again, it should
> > show an address nearby?
> >

> Oh yes, you are right. Again, could there be a better way to report empty
> WAL files ? A general tendency would be to look at the last few WAL files
> in case failures or crashes and they are likely to be empty.

Hm. I don't really see what we could sensibly and easily do, but perhaps
I just lived with it for too long ;)

> > It works without either if you use explicit options like -s STARTADDR
> > and -p PATH which is frequently useful to just print a few records at
> > the correct point. I am not sure how could put that in there without
> > making it too complicated. Any suggestions?
> >

> Ah ok. Can we mention these details at in the documentation ?
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/pgxlogdump.html

So something like:
At least one of STARTSEG, --start and --path or --rmgr=list has to be
specified.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services

От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: 9.3 Beta1 status report
От: Jeevan Chalke
Сообщение: Re: REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW command in PL block hitting Assert