Re: event trigger API documentation?

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: event trigger API documentation?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine escribió:
> > Offhand, that seems about enough, but I'm just beginning to explore.
>
> I'm interested into hearing about any such use case…
>
> > Chances are, event triggers will end up somewhere near the top of the
> > release announcements, so we should have a consistent message about what
> > to do with them and how to use them.  If for now, we say, we only
> > support writing them in PL/pgSQL, and here is how to do that, and here
> > are some examples, that's fine.  But currently, it's not quite clear.
>
> I would prefer that we're silent about them for another (couple of?)
> release,

You can be as much silent as you want in marketing materials (though
maybe Berkus will disagree with you about being silent there), but it is
not admissible to be silent in the documentation or pretend the feature
is not there.  Whatever got committed, however small, needs to be
properly documented.