Re: (auto)vacuum truncate exclusive lock

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: (auto)vacuum truncate exclusive lock
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:

> Are you saying you intend to revert that whole concept?  That'd be
> okay with me, I think.  Otherwise we need some thought about how to
> inform the stats collector what's really happening.

Maybe what we need is to consider table truncation as a separate
activity from vacuuming.  Then autovacuum could invoke it without having
to do a full-blown vacuum.  For this to work, I guess we would like to
separately store the status of the back-scan in pgstat somehow (I think
a boolean flag suffices: "were we able to truncate all pages that
appeared to be empty?")