Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
> Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> writes:

> >     RenameStmt:
> >         if (stmt allows event triggers)
> >             ProcessSlowUtility(...);
> >         else
> >             ExecRenameStmt(stmt);
> >         break;
> >
> > while in ProcessSlowUtility it'd just look normal:
> >
> >     RenameStmt:
> >         ExecRenameStmt(stmt);
> >         break;
>
> I like it globally. Do you think some inline magic needs to happen to
> try and convince the compiler to process the whole thing as a single
> function? My understanding is that while there's no way to require the
> inlining to happen we still have some provisions to hint the compilers
> wanting to listen, or something like that.

I don't see how inlining could work here.  We will end up with a couple
dozen calls to ProcessSlowUtility inside ProcessUtility, so inlining it
will be a really poor strategy.

> Do you want me to work on a patch at the end of this week?

As (one of) the committer(s) responsible for this code, I do, thanks.

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers