page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized

От Stephen R. van den Berg
Тема page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized
Дата
Re: page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized
Список pgsql-hackers
Just today one of my systems experienced a kernel panic, and halted abruptly.
Running Linux 3.1.9, PostgreSQL 9.0.4 (Debian 9.0.4-1+b1, to be precise).

The system was moderately active, i.e. about one commit per minute.
It is not a large problem if the last few commits would be gone.

Now, in restarting the system, I get this:

-------------------------
LOG: database system was interrupted while in recovery at 2013-04-09 18:07:45 CEST
HINT: This probably means that some data is corrupted and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in progress
LOG:  consistent recovery state reached at D/B0BCE118
LOG:  redo starts at D/B0BAB734
LOG:  invalid record length at D/B0BAE010
LOG:  redo done at D/B0BADFC4
LOG:  last completed transaction was at log time 2013-04-09 14:50:29.743986+02
WARNING:  page 1 of relation global/11787 was uninitialized
PANIC:  WAL contains references to invalid pages
LOG:  startup process (PID 30827) was terminated by signal 6: Aborted
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
-------------------------

Looking at global/11787, doesn't reveal any obvious corruption.
The server was running with:synchronous_commit = offfull_page_writes = off

to maximise performance, since the data is not 100% critical, but I would
like to recover the data up to some point in the past (an hour ago is fine).

Any suggestions?
Restarting PostgreSQL several times, results in identical messages.
--
Stephen.

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add sql_drop event for event triggers