Re: Drastic performance loss in assert-enabled build in HEAD

От Noah Misch
Тема Re: Drastic performance loss in assert-enabled build in HEAD
Дата
Re: Drastic performance loss in assert-enabled build in HEAD  (Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 04, 2013 at 12:28:01PM +0200, Nicolas Barbier wrote:
> 2013/4/3 Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>:
> > And if you're absolutely convinced that unlogged matviews mustn't work as I
> > suggest, we can lose those from 9.3, too.
>
> +1. Having unlogged matviews without having incremental updates yet,
> isn't super useful anyway.

I would have surmised the opposite: since an unlogged MV requires a full
refresh at unpredictable moments, logged MVs will be preferred where a refresh
is prohibitively expensive.  Why might unlogged-MV applications desire
incremental updates more acutely than logged-MV applications?

--
Noah Misch
EnterpriseDB                                 http://www.enterprisedb.com