Re: Money casting too liberal?

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Money casting too liberal?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 29 Mar 2013 17:23:50 -0700
Jeff Davis <pgsql@j-davis.com> wrote:
> Why not have various rounding functions that do exactly what you want?
> Then you can use them anywhere you want in an expression.

Perhaps but the languages that we use all have the capability to manage
this and we will probably never cover all the bases in PG.

> Tying a bunch of magic to the column, I/O function, or type system
> just seems like the wrong approach when it comes to real differences
> (like precision).

That's why I suggested that operations between money(2) and money(3)
should raise an error.  Treat them as distinct types.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?
Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?