Re: Money casting too liberal?

От D'Arcy J.M. Cain
Тема Re: Money casting too liberal?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 20:36:22 +1100
Julian <tempura@internode.on.net> wrote:
> The comparisons with timezones ends when it comes to exchange rates.

The only comparison I made with time and time zones was in how the
column type can be refined when it is created.

> With a current WIP. I'm starting to think that numeric is probably
> overkill for storing monetary values as well (are we going to go much
> more than 6 decimal places? and thats just for storing the rates...).
>
> Now considering just using integers. All the formatting of the input
> and display for output is done in the front end, just don't make a
> mistake there.

Yes, that's exactly why the money type exists.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy@druid.net>         |  Democracy is three wolves
+1 416 788 2246     (DoD#0082)    (eNTP)   |  what's for dinner.

Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?
Сообщение: Re: Money casting too liberal?