Re: BUG #7955: argv=0x0 on program start

От Michael Meskes
Тема Re: BUG #7955: argv=0x0 on program start
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Mar 16, 2013 at 12:12:49PM +0000, dweber@htw-saarland.de wrote:
> My program compiled with system compiler gcc-4.2.1 and ecpg from Postgr=
eSQL
> version 9.2.3 terminates by receiving SIGSEGV. The gdb debugger shows
> argv=3D0x0 (see below). On PostgreSQL version 8.4.16 it runs without tr=
ouble.
>=20
> Debugger output:
> b$ gdb  bin/prog prog.core=20
> GNU gdb 6.1.1 [FreeBSD]
> #0  0x08048eec in main (argc=3D-1077949560, argv=3D0x0) at prog.pgc:87
> 87      {

Hmm, this looks like the program didn't even start. Honestly I fail to se=
e how
this could be a bug in PostgreSQL. Are the libraries and the program comp=
iled
with threading enabled? What happens if you use a very small test case in=
stead
of your program?

Michael
--=20
Michael Meskes
Jabber: michael.meskes at gmail dot com
VfL Borussia! For=C3=A7a Bar=C3=A7a! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux, P=
ostgreSQL