Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.

От
Тема Re: Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pt;">Thanks Kevin & Bruce for your replies,=0A </D=
IV>=0AIt looks like this script deletes all of the data file dire=
ctories (and the data files) from the postgres 8.4.3 instance.  Since =
we used the "-k" option, which calls for hard links rather than copying fil=
es to the new cluster, wouldn't this be deleting the files?  If s=
o, the DB would be corrupted beyond recovery if we run it.  Or am I&nb=
sp;missing something?=0A =0Athanks=0A=
 =0AFreddie=0A =0A<BLOCKQUOTE style=
=3D"BORDER-LEFT: blue 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 8px; FONT-FAMILY: verdana; C=
OLOR: black; MARGIN-LEFT: 8px; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" id=3DreplyBlockquote webmai=
l=3D"1">=0A-------- Original Message --------S=
ubject: Re: [BUGS] Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6syste=
m files causing the file system to run out of space.From: Kevin Grittne=
r <kgrittn@ymail.com>Dat=
e: Thu, March 07, 2013 8:14 amTo: "<a href=3D"mailto:fburgess@radiantbl=
ue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com" <<a href=3D"mailto:fburgess@radian=
tblue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com>, "<a href=3D"mailto:pgsql-b=
ugs@postgresql.org">pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org" <<a href=3D"mailto:pg=
sql-bugs@postgresql.org">pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org>"<a href=
=3D"mailto:fburgess@radiantblue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com" <<a h=
ref=3D"mailto:fburgess@radiantblue.com">fburgess@radiantblue.com> wr=
ote:> Does anyone know, what the names/location of the pg_upgrad=
e> cleanup scripts? We upgraded from 8.4.3 to 9.1.6Sorry I d=
idn't answer this sooner, but I didn't know off-hand andhoped that some=
one who did would jump in.  Since that didn't happen...The=
 file is delete_old_cluster.sh=
 on most platforms.  The suffix is.bat on Windows.It can b=
e run anytime after the upgrade *as long as you have notmoved the new c=
luster to the old location*.Thanks to Bruce Momjian for telling me =
in chat when I asked just now.--Kevin GrittnerEnterpriseDB:=
 http://www.enterprisedb.com<BR=
iling list (pgsql-bugs@postgre=