Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.

От
Тема Excessive space allocations in Postgresql 9.1.6 system files causing the file system to run out of space.
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pt;">On tuesday, February 26, 2013, Freddie Burgess wrote:=0A<di=
v> =0AWe have a Postgres database that was recently upgrade=
d from 8.4.3 to 9.1.6.  We have noticed unusual growth in the data fil=
es and generated a script to perform the following actions.1. Query pg_=
class for all records2. Generate a file listing of all postgres data fi=
les3. Compare the two lists and eliminate all files that are contained =
within pg_class There are 17359 data files.  After runnin=
g the script, there are 5802 data files remaining that are not listed in pg=
_class.  Due to the size of the (5802) data files (~4TB), I am not com=
fortable about deleting them from the file system.  Does postgres 9.1.=
6 catalog every data file in pg_class?   Or does it leave some da=
ta files off of this table?  If so, how can I determine if I have stal=
e, unnecessary data files on my file system?