Re: [ADMIN] Use, Set Catalog and JDBC questions

От ktm@rice.edu
Тема Re: [ADMIN] Use, Set Catalog and JDBC questions
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 01:57:11PM -0500, Frank Cavaliero wrote:
> Hi Adrian,
>
> Thanks for the response.   The situation is more like the following:
>
> Using the JDBC driver, I connect to database TEST1 and immediately,
> without having to pass username credentials again, I want to use database
> TEST2.   In MySQL, you can simply run:  use TEST2.  Wondering if
> PostgreSQL has something similar.
>
> Thanks,
> Frank

Hi Frank,

The "USE xxx;' is a non-standard MySQL extension to the SQL language. This
functionality is not available at the SQL layer and must be supported by
the connection application itself, I think. For example, you can use
"\c xxx" in psql to perform that function. If JDBC does not support it
natively, you would need to open a new connection to the new database.

Regards,
Ken

Сообщение: Re: Use, Set Catalog and JDBC questions
Сообщение: Re: Use, Set Catalog and JDBC questions