Escaping : and \ in pgpass

От Kevin Locke
Тема Escaping : and \ in pgpass
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hello All,

It appears that the way pgAdmin parses pgpass differs from the format
documented for libpq[1] with respect to escaping : and \ characters.
I noticed the difference when version 1.14.2 ignored my (escaped)
pgpass entry for ::1 which was as follows:

\:\:1:5432:*:username:password

From what I can tell from looking at the current git sources, this
would occur from escapes in IPv6 addresses and usernames or passwords
with escaped : or \.

The IPv6 case is not too serious as psql will accept addresses without
escapes as well (I haven't tested username/passwords).  I just wanted
to bring it to your attention.

If you decide to change the behavior, you may want to note that libpq
changed its unescaping behavior in 9.2 as a result of this[2] ML
thread.

1.  http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/libpq-pgpass.html
2.  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20111217082754.GB30887@rice.edu

--