Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
Tom Lane wrote:
> > Move Assert() definitions to c.h
>
> This seems a bit odd.  Why didn't you move all of postgres.h's section 3
> into the new section in c.h?  The couple of declarations you left there
> are neither useful nor intelligible on their own.

Hmm, true, I didn't consider that.  Will fix.

> Also, I think there's a typo here:
>
> +#else /* USE_ASSERT_CHECKING && FRONTEND */
>
> Should be
>
> +#else /* USE_ASSERT_CHECKING && !FRONTEND */
>
> no?

This bit I did consider.  It wasn't clear to me whether those comments
mean that the condition spelled out in the comment holds for the lines
below, or that they hold for the lines above.  Note the comment after
the #endif holds for the lines above it.

After searching for precedent, I found one in ip.c and it seems to
support what you say.

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Move Assert() definitions to c.h