Re: backend hangs at immediate shutdown

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: backend hangs at immediate shutdown
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> This isn't an area that admits of quick-fix solutions --- everything
> we might do has disadvantages.  Also, the lack of complaints to date
> shows that the problem is not so large as to justify panic responses.
> I'm not really inclined to mess around with a tradeoff that's been
> working pretty well for a dozen years or more.

What about adding a caution to the doc something like:
 "pg_ctl -m -i stop" may cause a PostgreSQL hang if native laguage support enabled.
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: backend hangs at immediate shutdown (Re: Back-branch update releases coming in a couple weeks)
Сообщение: Re: backend hangs at immediate shutdown