Re: NOT VALID FKs and Constraints

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: NOT VALID FKs and Constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Cody Cutrer wrote:
> 9.1 introduced delayed validation on FKs, and 9.2 on table constraints,
> however neither one has been useful due to lesser-locks on ALTER TABLE
> being reverted (see
> http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/1330350691-sup-1@alvh.no-ip.org),
> preventing the lock benefits during the VALIDATE stage.
>
> I don't see any commits since then about either one. Is fixing this still
> on the radar for 9.3?

Not for 9.3.  There are some related discussions, but at the earliest it
will happen for 9.4.

> Also, is a similar feature planned (for 9.3 or further out) for NOT
> NULL column constraints?

There are some discussions and patch about this, but it's not complete
yet.  It might happen for 9.4.

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: SYSV shared memory vs mmap performance
Сообщение: Re: SYSV shared memory vs mmap performance