Re: logical changeset generation v4

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: logical changeset generation v4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2013-01-23 10:18:50 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 7:14 AM, Andres Freund <andres@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > With the (attached for convenience) patch applied you can do
> > # ALTER TABLE replication_metadata SET (treat_as_catalog_table = true);
> >
> > to enable this.
> > What I wonder about is:
> > * does anybody have a better name for the reloption?
>
> IMHO, it should somehow involve the words "logical" and "replication".

Not a bad point. In the back of my mind I was thinking of reusing it to
do error checking when accessing the heap via index methods as a way of
making sure index support writers are aware of the complexities of doing
so (c.f. ALTER TYPE .. ADD VALUE only being usable outside
transactions).
But thats probably over the top.

Greetings,

Andres Freund