Re: Event Triggers: adding information

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Event Triggers: adding information
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

https://github.com/dimitri/postgres/blob/d2996303c7bc6daa08cef23e3d5e07c3afb11191/src/backend/utils/adt/ddl_rewrite.c

> > I think some things in there would have to change (e.g. I doubt that its
> > good that EventTriggerData is involved at that level) but I think it
> > shows very roughly how it could look.
>
> I looked at that code back then and didn't like it very much.  The
> problem I see (as Robert does, I think) is that it raises the burden
> when you change the grammar -- you now need to edit not only gram.y, but
> the ddl_rewrite.c stuff to ensure your new thing can be reverse-parsed.

Yea, but thats nothing new, you already need to do all that for normal
SQL. Changes that to the grammar that don't involve modifying ruleutils.c et
al. are mostly trivial enough that this doesn't really place that much of a
burden.

And I yet to hear any other proposal of how to do this?

> Another problem is what Tom mentions: there are internal options that
> cannot readily be turned back into SQL.  We would have to expose these
> at the SQL level somehow; but to me that looks painful because we would
> be offering users the option to break their systems by calling commands
> that do things that should only be done internally.

Hm. Which options are you two thinking of right now?

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Services