Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?)

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: in-catalog Extension Scripts and Control parameters (templates?)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Andres Freund (andres@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
> On 2013-01-18 12:45:02 -0500, Stephen Frost wrote:
> > 'Template' seems like a really broad term which might end up being
> > associated with things beyond extensions, yet there are a number of
> > places where you just use 'TEMPLATE', eg, ACL_KIND_TEMPLATE.  Seems like
> > it might become an issue later.
>
> I think Tom came up with that name and while several people (including
> me and I think also Dim) didn't really like it nobody has come up with a
> better name so far.

'Extension Template' is fine, I was just objecting to places in the code
where it just says 'TEMPLATE'.  I imagine we might have some 'XXX
Template' at some point in the future and then we'd have confusion
between "is this an *extension* template or an XXX template?".
Thanks,
    Stephen