Re: Parallel query execution

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: Parallel query execution
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> In case you hadn't noticed, we've totally lost control of the CF
> process.

I concur.

> Quite aside from the lack of progress on closing CF3, major
> hackers who should know better are submitting significant new feature
> patches now, despite our agreement in Ottawa that nothing big would be
> accepted after CF3.

For my small part, it wasn't my intent to drop a contentious patch at
the end.  I had felt it was pretty minor and relatively simple.  My
arguments regarding the popen patch were simply that it didn't address
one of the use-cases that I was hoping to.

I'll hold off on working on the compressed transport for now in favor of
doing reviews and trying to help get 9.3 wrapped up.
Thanks,
    Stephen