Re: ToDo: log plans of cancelled queries

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: ToDo: log plans of cancelled queries
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> My propose is proposed for different dimensions and purpose - for
> example - we have a limit 20 minutes for almost all queries, and after
> this limit we killing queries. But we have to know little bit more
> about these bad queries - and we hope, so execution plan can give this
> additional info. We have same motivation like people who use
> auto_explain for slow query - but we can't to wait to query complete.

Why not an option to auto_explain (or whatever) to log an execution plan
right before actually executing it?  If that was something which could
be set with a GUC or similar, you could just do that before running
whatever queries you're interested in capturing the plans for.
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: ToDo: log plans of cancelled queries
Сообщение: Re: ToDo: log plans of cancelled queries