Re: Lock levels for ALTER TABLE

От Bruce Momjian
Тема Re: Lock levels for ALTER TABLE
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jan  9, 2013 at 10:27:54PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > EnterpriseDB reports that our documentation states that ALTER TABLE
> > takes SHARE UPDATE EXCLUSIVE and ACCESS EXCLUSIVE lock modes.
>
> Where do they see that?  We certainly reverted all of the documentation
> that Simon changed in the original commit for that failed feature.
> Something might have slipped through the cracks though.

In mvcc.sgml, I see:
EXCLUSIVE</literal>lock modes.        This mode protects a table against        concurrent schema changes and
<command>VACUUM</>runs.       </para>

<command>CREATEINDEX CONCURRENTLY</>, and

and
modeguarantees that the        holder is the only transaction accessing the table in any way.       </para>

       <para>
-->      Acquired by the <command>ALTER TABLE</>, <command>DROP TABLE</>,        <command>TRUNCATE</command>,
This is also the default lock mode for <command>LOCK TABLE</command>        statements that do not specify a mode
explicitly.      </para>      </listitem>     </varlistentry>

http://enterprisedb.com