Re: ALTER command reworks

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: ALTER command reworks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tom Lane escribió:
> > On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> >> If this is considered a problem, I think the way to fix it is to have a
> >> getObjectDescriptionOids() variant that quotes the object name in the
> >> output.
>
> > This sort of thing has been rejected repeatedly in the past on
> > translation grounds:
>
> Yes.  I'm surprised Alvaro isn't well aware of the rules against trying
> to build error messages out of sentence fragments: see first item under
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/nls-programmer.html#NLS-GUIDELINES

Actually I'm fully aware of the limitations; I just had a brain fade.  I
knew there was something wrong with that usage of getObjectDescription,
but managed to miss what it was exactly.  Doh.  Thankfully there are
other hackers paying attention.

BTW this patch was correct in this regard in a previous version -- there
was one separate copy of the error message per object type.  I think
it's just a matter of returning to that older coding.

Сообщение: Re: Improve compression speeds in pg_lzcompress.c
Сообщение: Re: Improve compression speeds in pg_lzcompress.c