Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used

Pavel,

* Pavel Stehule (pavel.stehule@gmail.com) wrote:
> A result from ours previous talk was a completely disabling mixing
> positional and ordered placeholders - like is requested by man and gcc
> raises warnings there.
>
> But mixing is not explicitly disallowed in doc, and mixing was tested
> in our regress tests. There are tests where placeholders are mixed -
> so anybody can use it.
> select format('Hello %s %1$s %s', 'World', 'Hello again'); -- is
> enabled and supported and result is expected

Alright, then I agree that raising a warning in that case makes sense
and let's update the docs to reflect that it shouldn't be done (like
what glibc/gcc do).
Thanks,
    Stephen