Re: pg_dump transaction's read-only mode

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pg_dump transaction's read-only mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Pavan Deolasee (pavan.deolasee@gmail.com) wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 6:06 PM, Kevin Grittner
> > That makes sense to me.  The reason I didn't make that change when I
> > added the serializable special case to pg_dump was that it seemed
> > like a separate question; I didn't want to complicate an already big
> > patch with unnecessary changes to non-serializable transactions.
> >

> If we agree, should we change that now ?

This is on the next commitfest, so I figure it deserves some comment.
For my part- I tend to agree that we should have it always use a read
only transaction.  Perhaps we should update the pg_dump documentation to
mention this as well though?  Pavan, do you want to put together an
actual patch?
Thanks,
    Stephen

Сообщение: Re: proposal: a width specification for s specifier (format function), fix behave when positional and ordered placeholders are used